Dental bridges are false teeth, which are anchored onto neighboring teeth in order to replace one or more missing teeth. The false tooth is known as a pontic and is fused in between two crowns that serve as anchors by attaching to the teeth on each side of the false tooth, thereby bridging them together.
When are dental bridges needed?
Bridges are recommended when there are one or more teeth missing that affect:
- Your smile and appearance.
- Your bite, as a result of adjacent teeth leaning into the space and altering the way the upper and lower teeth bite together.
- Your speech.
- The shape of your face.>
- The rate of gum disease and tooth decay as a result of food accumulated in the gap.
Must missing teeth be replaced?
Yes, missing teeth must be replaced for many reasons:
- To improve your appearance.
- To reduce the strain on the teeth at either side of the missing tooth.
- To prevent the neighboring teeth from leaning into the resulting gap and altering the bite.
- To prevent gum disease and tooth decay due to accumulation of food in the gap.
At Tandon Clinic, we are a team of best dentists in Rohini & Pimapura, offering cost-effective, reliable dental solutions. We offer dental implant, teeth whitening, root canal and other advanced dental treatments.