A patient’s recovery details treated by Dr. Ashok Tandon for Liposuction in Rohini, Delhi.
Mrs. K., 45 years old female presented in the OPD with a desire to improve her resistant abdominal obesity.She maintained a very active lifestyle which included yoga and Pilates. She was diet conscious but despite having a good figure and normal BMI she could not lose weight from her tummy area.
She had a history of 2 cesarean deliveries. She had undergone angioplasty 2 years back and was now asymptomatic but taking Aspirin and Clopidogrel to keep her blood thin.
After Physician clearance, and stopping Clopidogrel for 5 days, she was taken up for tummy and flank [love handles] liposuction under general anesthesia. Procedure was done on daycare basis and patient went back home in late evening. Post-operative period was uneventful. She was advised to wear cycling shorts/ tummy tucker for next 6 weeks.
The pics below show the early result at 3 months.
The following points are worth emphasizing about liposuction–
- it works best for patients who have normal or near normal weight for height ratio.
- Patients should be very motivated to undergo the procedure. This is important for good compliance with post-operative instructions.
- Life style should be healthy- Liposuction is no excuse for poor life style.
- Aspirated fat does no come back- fat lost is lost forever.
- Wearing a tight-fitting garment post operatively helps the skin to rewrap to the reduced contour post liposuction- they need to be worn for around 6 weeks to 3 months.
- Liposuction is the surest method for spot reduction.