Scar removal in Punjabi Bagh is a procedure performed on a scar to alter its appearance. The scar removal in Paschim Vihar can improve the appearance of the scar or restore the function of a part of the body, which may have been restricted by the scar.
As a reconstructive process, scar revision in Delhi can reform the appearance of a scar and improve skin function. The recommendation is to wait a year after healing. If you need to remove scars, we can help you address the aesthetic issues related to your scar at The Tandon Clinic.
It is a surgery only indicated to hide or reduce the scars improving their appearance. These can occur in two ways:
- Keloid. This type of scar proliferates in a pseudo tumoral way that extends and thickens beyond the initial wound. It can continue to grow after the wound is closed, and the main causes of risk of this type is due to genetic components such as race, the anatomical area where it is located or age.
- Hypertrophic. It is characterized by an excessive proliferation of the scar that extends beyond the initial wound. The wounds that suffered infection are the ones that develop the most hypertrophic scars. Some extensive hypertrophic scars appear to be keloid, and the criterion for differentiating them is that the hypertrophic scar is limited to the original edges of the wound, while the keloid extends beyond the edges of the original lesion.
Scar review can be performed at any age. It is your choice if you are concerned about any scars you have on any part of the body and if you are compatible with the intervention.
Patients with visible scars (face area, hands, legs) suffer from depression, anxiety and insecurities. Today, it is possible to erase them from the skin and, in the most complex cases, it is possible to soften them with novel minimally invasive techniques, which in many cases, avoids the passage through the operating room. Although this has not always been the case, a few years ago the only way to correct them was through cosmetic surgery, and the results were not always satisfactory.
Scar removal procedure
This surgery of scar removal in Punjabi Bagh is performed under local anaesthesia and consists of a mixture of procedures that usually coincide in previous scar resection and stressless sutures. Hospitalization is not required, and it is essential to respect the measures recommended in the postoperative period that facilitate a directed healing.
Types of scar removal
Here are some of the options for a scar check:
- Z-plasty can alter your scar to adapt to your skin’s natural lines and wrinkles and make it more unobtrusive. Created in a “Z” pattern, this technique works well for scars with symptoms such as contracted, depressed, linear, pin-shaped, raised or webbed. A Z-plasty can remove an old scar to create new incisions on either side of the triangular skin flaps.
- W-plasty can decrease the appearance of your scar with several triangles cut on both sides. The zigzag pattern builds an irregular dashed line that reflects light sparingly, making it harder to see the original scar. It is not used for long scars.
- Skin grafting removes scar tissue and replaces it with healthy skin from a donor site, another part of your body. The transferred skin connects to blood vessels and scar tissue.
- Tissue expansion is an inflatable balloon that is placed under the skin near the scar and allows a sterile solution to be added to fill it. This technique stretches healthy skin until scar tissue can be removed.
- Flap surgery wraps the skin and its underlying fat, blood vessels and muscles from a strong and healthy part of your body to the desired new site.
There are other options depending on what your specific situation requires. There are several surface treatments that can soften irregularities and decrease pigmentation.
- Dermobrasion can soften facial scars and provide a smoother skin surface by shaving the upper layers of the skin.
- Chemical peels invade the surface of the skin to eliminate irregularities.
- Laser or light therapy allows new skin to form at the scar site by making changes to the skin surface.
Postoperative in the removal of scars
After the intervention, the best plastic surgeon in Punjabi Bagh will guide you a follow-up of recommendations. The sutures that have been made, will be removed between three and seven after the intervention.
It will be necessary not to expose the scar to sunlight for at least a long time that the doctor will estimate. In addition, the use of sunscreen is recommended to avoid pigmentation.
Recovery after scar removal in Paschim Vihar
They all heal differently when it comes to scars. Multiple factors such as age, health and the location of an injury, play a role in the visibility and healing of scars. A scar removal in Paschim Vihar can improve or alter the appearance of your scar, significantly reducing its appearance.
Here are some tips for your recovery:
- Get plenty of rest
- Pain medication may be prescribed
- If your incision begins to bleed, contact us immediately
- You are likely to feel some discomfort for a few days
- Making light movements around your home will help your wound heal
- However, you should avoid strenuous activities
- Stay away from direct sunlight, especially during the first few weeks
Frequently Asked Questions
Am I a candidate for scar removal in Punjabi Bagh?
If you have an accident scar or even a birthmark, you are a candidate for scar removal in Punjabi Bagh.
What are the risks of scar removal?
During the consultation, Plastic Surgeon in Paschim Vihar will take the time to explain the details of the surgery so that you understand what it involves and how it will benefit you.
What are the results of scar removal?
The results of your scar review will be long-lasting, and it may take several months to see the final results. It may take a year for your new scar to completely heal and disappear.
When will I be able to live a normal life?
It will depend on the area that has been intervened. It is recommended not to make unnecessary efforts that affect the new scar.
Is scar removal surgery painful?
In the recovery process, the recommendations that have been set for you should be taken into account. It is not a painful process, but you will notice some discomfort that will subside with the passage of days.
Will I be prescribed any medication?
If the best plastic surgeon in Delhi recommends it, they will prescribe some type of medication, either antibiotic or anti-inflammatory, depending on the type and area operated on.