Eyelid Surgery or Blepharoplasty in Delhi aims to correct the bags or excess skin of the upper or lower eyelids. In some cases, it is an aesthetic issue, but in others, it can affect vision.
What is blepharoplasty?
Eyelid surgery in Delhi is a cosmetic surgery to stretch the skin around the eyes. With blepharoplasty, it is possible to eliminate drooping eyelids, eye bags, and dark circles, depending on the case and the need of each patient. You can also extract fat and work with the lower and upper muscle. The objective of blepharoplasty in Delhi is to recover vitality and eliminate the effect of fatigue, rejuvenating the look.
Blepharoplasty is not surgery to eliminate crow’s feet or wrinkles; It is not done to raise the eyebrows, but it can be done in conjunction with other surgeries to achieve the rejuvenating effect that is desired.
The blepharoplasty can be superior or inferior and corrects:
- The excess of skin that prevents seeing well
- The excess fat of the upper eyelid
- The tired appearance
- The bags and dark circles
How to know if I am a candidate for blepharoplasty in Delhi?
The candidates for blepharoplasty are people with good physical and psychological health. The age from which a blepharoplasty can be performed is 35 years and older, but due to genetics, there may be younger patients.
If you suffer from any disease or medical condition, it is important to tell your plastic surgeon in Delhi. For example, if you have thyroid problems, high blood pressure, vascular diseases or diabetes. It is also important to mention if you have a lack of enough tears, glaucoma or retinal detachment. Surely a review from an eye specialist in Rohini before the blepharoplasty will be necessary.
Blepharoplasty to certain patients with ocular pathologies, for example, in those who suffer from severe dry eye, since any eye or eyelid surgery can affect and aggravate the problem. Retinal or glaucoma problems do not pose a problem for blepharoplasty in Delhi. As well as those patients operated on for cataracts or lasers for myopia or hyperopia.
How do I choose my surgeon?
In addition to checking the surgeon’s studies, the level of subspecialization is important. The specialist in Oculoplastic Surgery is the right professional to perform blepharoplasty.
Blepharoplasty, if performed by an accredited cosmetic surgeon in Delhi, does not offer major complications and leaves no visible marks. It is one of the most requested aesthetic interventions, especially in men. ”
How is the first appointment with the surgeon?
The first appointment will talk about the results you want to get and will make a health assessment, as well as the vision and production of tears. It is important to make the complete clinical record, mentioning if you take any medication, smoke or drink. If you wear glasses, contact lenses and, if possible, take the last ophthalmological examination.
The appointment will be checked if it is necessary to operate the upper and lower eyelids or if it should be supplemented with some other treatment or procedure. The procedure, how it is performed, anesthesia, risks, postoperative care, and cost will be explained. It is important to clarify all doubts with the surgeon. According to Dr. Ashok Tandon, “The main thing is to be realistic with expectations, each person is individual and there is no standard form of the eyes.” If what is sought is to improve the tired look or recover the freshness of the look, it will achieve Your expectations”.
In addition, the plastic surgeon in Rohini will give you instructions to prepare you for surgery, what foods to eat and instructions on the intake of tobacco, alcohol or any medication. It is essential to stop smoking at least two weeks before surgery to help the healing process.
How is blepharoplasty in Delhi performed?
The blepharoplasty in Delhi should be performed in an operating room. It’s an outpatient surgery so you can usually go home after a few hours of observation. It is done under local anesthesia plus sedation, in some cases under general anesthesia, but it is a preference of the surgeon or the patient. “In the first case, the patient feels relaxed and the eyelids are insensitive to any pain, in the second case, the patient remains asleep during the operation,”.
Eyelid surgery in Delhi lasts between 1 to 3 hours, it is longer if some other complementary procedure is carried out. After surgery, an ophthalmological ointment and dressings with very cold physiological saline are applied to help with swelling and possible discomfort. Patients can return to normal life 10-12 days after surgery.
The incisions are hardly noticeable since they are made in the natural lines of the upper eyelids and in the lower eyelids, under the lashes. With these incisions, it is possible to separate the skin from the fat, the muscle and thus be able to extract the excess fat. In some cases, excess skin and muscle are removed. The incisions are closed with very fine sutures.
When the patients are so young that they only have excess fat, a transconjunctival blepharoplasty of the lower eyelids is performed. With this technique, the incision is made inside the eyelid, therefore, there is no visible scar. This blepharoplasty is not done if you also have to remove excess skin. The cut heals between 3 and 4 days.
Techniques combined with blepharoplasty in Delhi
- Blepharoplasty with lipo filling: it is a traditional blepharoplasty but also, the dark circles with lipo filling are eliminated, that is, with your own fat. It also serves to eliminate nasolabial folds and some lines of expression such as frown lines and crow’s feet. It provides a more satisfactory overall result as it rejuvenates other areas and not just the look.
- Cantopexy: in addition to rejuvenating the look, canthopexy serves to tear the eyes, which changes the shape of the eye and the look.
- Blepharoplasty with Nanofat: it is done to improve the color of dark circles and their appearance. The Nanofat is a combination of the patient’s fat with stem cells and growth factors, which helps with the healing of the area and the elimination of wrinkles.
Techniques of blepharoplasty in Delhi without surgery
- Blepharoplasty with laser: has the same objective as traditional blepharoplasty and is performed with local anesthesia plus sedation. The difference is that instead of making the incisions with the scalpel, they are made with a laser beam, usually CO2 laser. The advantage of using a laser is that at the same time the cut is made, it cauterizes the blood vessels, which makes the blood loss during the surgery is minimal. Once the cut is made, the plastic surgeon in Pitampura removes excess fat, skin, muscle, and tissue and then proceeds to suture. Another benefit of CO2 laser in blepharoplasty is that it can correct wrinkles of the inner eyelid by means of resurfacing. In terms of recovery, scars are avoided and pain, swelling and bruising are reduced. In addition, the process is shorter than that of traditional surgery. “When performed with a laser, the discomfort caused by swelling or bruising is really minimal when compared to traditional blepharoplasty,”.
- Blepharoplasty without surgery: there are aesthetic treatments such as radiofrequency or Thermage that provide rejuvenation effects and allow you to continue with your day to day at the end of the session.
- Blepharoplasty with fillers: hyaluronic acid or some other filling is injected into the upper eyelid, upper and lower area of the eyebrow to tighten. In the lower eyelid, the same filler is also injected to eliminate the bags. The treatment lasts about 15 minutes.
- Blepharoplasty with plasma: it is another technique without surgery that lasts an hour and a half. In this case, we work with a plasma, which is a kind of ionized gas. There is biostimulation of the dermis that generates crusts, but they fall off after a week. It does not generate bruises or scars.
How is the recovery of blepharoplasty?
After the eyelid surgery in Delhi, an ointment is applied to lubricate the eyes and sometimes a bandage. In case of discomfort, the plastic surgeon in Delhi will prescribe medication. If, on the contrary, there is very acute pain, you must immediately contact the professional. Keep your head elevated a few days after surgery and apply cold compresses.
It is important to follow the instructions to properly wash your eyes. You also have to respect the way you apply eye drops to keep your eyes hydrated. If it is a blepharoplasty with points, these are removed between the second and the seventh day.
- Do not make intense physical efforts during the first week, such as weight gain or intense sports.
- Apply cold on the eyelids to avoid swelling at the times indicated by the specialist.
- Use the indicated antibiotics and anti-inflammatories to avoid the discomfort caused by the intervention.
- Do not rub your eyes, at least, the first 72 hours.
- Maintain the posture of the head elevated.
- Clean the eyelashes with saline and place it with the help of an ear stick.
- Do not use contact lenses or makeup in the eye area during the first two weeks.
- Protect yourself from the sun with appropriate glasses, which prevent the sun’s rays from hitting your eyes.
During the first weeks, you may notice excessive lacrimation, hypersensitivity to light, some change in visual acuity such as double or blurred vision (that remit to the short time). But they will disappear with the days. After two weeks of eyelid surgery in Delhi, you will be without any side effects.
Complications or possible side effects
If blepharoplasty in Delhi is performed by a qualified plastic surgeon in Delhi, the complications are very infrequent and even irrelevant. Even so, the risk of infection or reaction to anesthesia is always minimally present. It is important to follow the instructions of the surgeon to avoid any complication as much as possible. Minor complications that appear and disappear in a few days maybe double or blurred vision, edema or asymmetries in healing.
Sometimes a slight difficulty may appear to close the eyes completely at bedtime for a few days. It should be noted that on very rare occasions it is a permanent effect.
In the case of traditional eyelid surgery in Delhi, the scars may be pink for a few months, then disappear and change color until they are almost imperceptible. Blepharoplasty provides a more youthful appearance, without fatigue and these changes are permanent in most cases. “Blepharoplasty can not stop natural aging, so it does not have a specific duration, but it allows you to rejuvenate the facial appearance immediately, but its duration does not have a deadline,”
- Does it also work to correct crow’s feet? According to Dr Ashok Tandon, “With the blepharoplasty, the crow’s feet are not corrected, although occasionally they can be moderately smoothed.” Surgical techniques that seek to eliminate crow’s feet are very aggressive and radical, and can sometimes leave expressions too frozen in In order to improve the crow’s feet, it is best to resort to treatments with botulinum toxin injections, almost immediately and without going through the operating room. “
- Is it possible for blepharoplasty to change the patient’s facial expression? ” The facial expression is given by the muscles of mimicry that we do not alter in a blepharoplasty. Our objective is to eliminate excess skin and periocular fat and not intervene in the muscle functioning of the same, so a priori does not change the expression If it is possible to observe an aesthetic change in the orbital frame, a clearer look, more open and rejuvenated, with less expression of fatigue, “
- Will the scars be seen? “The incision for the performance of upper eyelid surgery in Delhi is perfectly camouflaged because it takes advantage of the natural crease in the eyelid, it usually goes unnoticed unless the patient has a tendency to the appearance of keloids or hypertrophic scars,” highlights Dr Ashok Tandon.
- Can the vision be affected after the procedure? “One of the reasons why this intervention is performed is because the excess skin of the upper eyelid decreases the patient’s visual field, with the intervention we would improve that field of vision. The patient may have eye discomforts such as burning, dryness or hypersensitivity to light, Therefore, it is recommended special washing techniques and sun protection with the use of large sunglasses, “
- Is it possible to perform a blepharoplasty if you have an eye disease? “In the most common cases such as retinal detachment or glaucoma, if they are controlled, there is no contraindication since we do not act on the eyeball,”
- Are the eyes very dry after a blepharoplasty? “Ocular dryness after blepharoplasty is common and is usually transient, it is more frequent when there is already previous dryness or poor quality of the tear or when using inferior myocutaneous flap techniques or excessive resections,”