Familift (Procedure For Laser Vaginal Tightening in Delhi)
(The lunch time laser lift procedure for vagina)
Commonly asked questions
How does Familift laser work?
CO2 laser is an ablative laser which has a wavelength of 10600 nm and has a strong affinity for water molecules. It produces some of the best results in facial rejuvenation. Fractional technology has led to improvement in results as it treats only a small fraction of the total area called microthermal zones [MTZ] which are surrounded by columns of normal tissue on all sides which leads to quicker recovery and fewer side effects.
Recently its use has been extended to include vaginal rejuvenation by using the same principles as are responsible for facial rejuvenation. It has become a synonym of vaginoplasty in Delhi. Thermal heating of vaginal tissues underneath its mucosa leads to shrinkage and remodeling of collagen and elastic tissues leading to 360 degrees tightening along the entire length of the vagina.
What are the indications for this procedure?
- Vaginal tightening- vaginal laxity, especially at the opening causes, decreased sexual satisfaction for both partners. Micro ablation of mucosa and microscopic columns of deeper tissues leads to thermal remodeling of vaginal tissues and restoration of the tone of the vaginal wall.
- Improves Stress urinary incontinence [SUI] .is condition is the result of the loss of urethral support due to damage to pelvic floor support structures. It causes leakage of urine during coughing, sneezing, and lifting of weights. This treatment restores collagen tissue and improves urethral support.
- Improves vaginal dryness
- Decreases chances of recurrent infections by improving the immunity of the area and restoring vaginal pH and microflora.
What is the best time to get it done?
The procedure is not done during active menstruation. After childbirth, it is preferable to wait for 3-4 months to let the area recover completely.
What are the Contraindications?
- Any local or systemic disease
- Abnormal recent PAP smear
What if I have an active infection?
It is important to diagnose and treat active infections in the area before treatment. There is no chance of cross infection as adequate sterilization precautions are taken.
Will I have discomfort during the procedure?
No. The procedure is painless. There is no bleeding. The probe penetrates to about three inches and delivers energy to a depth of a fraction of a millimeter.
What are post-procedure precautions?
A patient needs to avoid sex for 3-4 days. There is no restriction on exercise or physical activity. There may be some discharge for a few days.
How many sittings are required?
Generally, 2-3 settings are required at an interval of 3 weeks. Repeat procedure may be requested by some patients after a few years.
Is it safe?
Very. CO2 lasers are in use for many decades. Their safety is well established. The procedure has no effect on future pregnancies, breastfeeding etc.