Neck and back pain, irritation under the breast skin, discomfort when walking, self-esteem problems and difficulty breathing, are some of the symptoms of the thousands of women who suffer from an excessive volume in their breasts.
In order to correct this, one of the most common surgeries is breast reduction surgery in Delhi. Thanks to technological advances, today is a much safer and with minimal intervention complications.
What is breast reduction?
Breast reduction or reduction mammoplasty is a surgical procedure that aims to decrease the size of the breasts and areola, as appropriate, for these remain more asymmetric and proportional to the body of the patient.
This procedure is done through the removal of breast tissue, fat and excess skin, giving the breasts smaller appearances, and allowing the patient has a feeling of greater firmness.
How do I know if I am a good candidate for breast reduction intervention?
Good candidate for breast reduction intervention must present some of these conditions:
- Breasts too bulky and heavy as body proportion
- A breast larger than the other
- And heavy sagging breasts with nipples and areolas pointing downward
- Present constant back pain, neck, shoulder by weight of the breasts
- Present irritation and pain under the breast skin
- Low self – esteem and dissatisfaction with the appearance of breasts
- Physical limitations during sports due to the volume of the breasts
A breast reduction can be performed at any age, but in most cases, the plastic surgeon in Delhi should wait until the breasts are fully developed.
They also recommend that if patients want surgery performed breast reduction before being mothers and breastfeeding in the future, should discuss with your plastic surgeon in Rohini, since this intervention could affect breastfeeding.
How do I choose my plastic surgeon?
Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery is recognized by all countries of the World and is in constant development and evolution. That’s why when correctly choose the doctor who will perform the surgery is important that the patient will report on:
- Years of experience specialist and certification and degree of Specialist in Reconstructive and Aesthetic Plastic Surgery in Spain.
- Check your website or blog to read experiences and comments of other patients.
- Certify that the facility where the surgery will be performed count with all the basic rules, as appropriate, sanitary norms, among others, ensuring proper patient treatment and recovery.
How is the first consultation with the doctor?
During the first visit, the plastic surgeon in Pitampura will perform a full evaluation of the patient, checking the size and shape of the breasts. In addition to examining the firmness of the skin and ask the patient several tests, especially a complete mammographic study to identify the general state of your health.
Moreover, during this first visit, you will be asked about breast size you want and any other changes you’d like to be held regarding the asymmetry of the breasts and the shape of the areolas.
In addition, the surgeon will explain the various techniques and procedures combination existing for surgical intervention, according to the needs of each patient. Likewise, the specialist will expose frankly expectations of breast reduction surgery in Delhi, the possible complications and risks that this entails.
To comment Remember your doctor if you intend to have children in the future and breastfeeding, as this surgery can have complications during lactation.
What should I consider before surgery?
Dr. Ashok Tandon specifies to take the following considerations before surgery:
- Avoid taking aspirin or other medications containing salicylates that, for two weeks before and after surgery.
- Using a germicidal soap throughout the body during the days before the surgery, such as Lactacyd.
- Bringing a suitable surgical fastener (the surgeon will tell) to get it to put despuçes operation.
It is important to note that most experts recommend not smoking or drinking alcohol during the days before and after surgery to facilitate the healing process and oxygenation of the patient.
How is breast reduction surgery performed?
The procedure usually between 2 and 4 hours as the case of each patient.
To achieve successful patient expectations, they are used and combine several techniques, but generally, the specialist makes an incision anchor-shaped in the outline of the areola. In addition, a vertical line from the areola and a horizontal line that reaches the groove located under the breast is made.
Through these incisions, the surgeon can remove excess fat, skin and breast tissue. In the event that the patient has a very excessive volume, liposuction may be used.
At the time the surgeon and has achieved remove excess breast tissue, skin and fat, relocates the areola and nipple in a higher position.
After surgery, the surgeon leaves small tubes sinus drainage, to help prevent the accumulation of fluid. Besides putting gauze dressings covering your breasts, along with a surgical bra.
What is the main post-operative care?
The main post-operative care that should take into account patients who undergo breast reduction surgery as specialists explain Tandon Clinic are as follows:
- It is discharged between 24 and 48 hours after surgery.
- Before discharge, the drains are removed.
- The adhesive bandage is removed and a surgical bra puts the patient must wear for 2 or 3 weeks, day and night in order to relieve pressure sensation.
- You should not make any physical activity during the first 4-5 weeks post-op.
- The surgeon will prescribe antibiotics to prevent any infection and analgesics to relieve postoperative discomfort.
- Be very careful not to wet wounds and dressings until the points have been removed. After that, you can swim regularly, but worrying that the area is completely dry operation.
- The patient cannot sunbathe for a week elapsed operation.
- It is not advisable to drive for two weeks.
- Avoid touching the wounds to prevent infection.
- After week 5 the patient can resume your normal routine.
- The use of cosmetic creams is recommended to improve the appearance of postoperative scars after the points have been removed and when the doctor says.
What are the main benefits and results of breast reduction surgery?
Dr. Ashok Tandon explains that there are many benefits that the patient will undergo surgery after breast reduction, among which are:
- Improved firmness and appearance of the breasts.
- The patient experiences a great improvement in symptoms of back pain, shoulder, and neck.
- The patient significantly improves their quality of life.
- Recover their self – esteem, and confidence.
- Improving physical functional capacity and respiratory.
- Improvement in levels of anxiety and depression.
You must take into account the following considerations or side effects:
- You can have several postoperative discomforts as the presence of bruising or edema that will decrease gradually.
- Discomfort or pain in the breasts.
- The small increase in body temperature, which is considered normal.
- You can submit back discomfort, tingling in the arms or hands. This is considered as a totally normal side effect.
- Points are removed gradually and according to the evolution of each patient.
- Experts recommend lymphatic drainage postoperatively to prevent edemas or inflammations.
Results of Breast Reduction
Importantly, intervention after reduction mammoplasty, are permanent scars, but they will be disappearing or being noticed less as time goes on.
Still, the results are quite satisfactory for the patient, who will immediately see a huge improvement in the appearance, shape, and size of her breasts.
On the other hand, the patient will feel quite relieved all the discomforts that had formerly by the excessive volume of your breasts, such as back pain, neck, shoulders; and breathing difficulties.
Final results are seen after a few months of operation. It is essential to note that the result is final and will last throughout the life of the patient, but the breasts are subject to change due to hormonal stimuli such as pregnancy or increase – weight loss.
What are the main complications of breast reduction surgery?
As with any surgery or surgery, breast reduction may cause certain complications or risks. These are greatly enhanced if you have health problems, is obese or smoking, since it does not properly oxygenate the skin and the healing process is delayed.
In that vein, Dr. Ashok Tandon, explains that the main complications or risks of breast reduction surgery are:
- Possible infections , leading to fever or malaise.
- Bleeding .
- Opening points.
- Generating a seroma, corresponding to fluid accumulation under the skin.
- In the event that the person is a smoker frequent, it may present a risk of loss of a segment of skin related to the areola, which is termed as necrosis in medical jargon.
- Loss of sensation in the nipples.
- Breastfeeding difficulties in the future.
The presence of any of these symptoms should be checked immediately by your surgeon to determine the course of treatment.
- Can I breastfeed after a breast reduction? Dr. Ashok Tandon, explains that a patient undergoing this surgery, you should be aware that there is a possibility that can not breastfeed your baby, but if the areola and nipple have not been displaced and are connected milk ducts, the patient would be able to suckle.
- I will keep the sensitivity of my breasts and nipples? It is likely. Although this intervention there is a risk for women who have large breasts, can be altered and loss of sensation in the nipple or areola and breast skin. It is also important to note that the sensitivity recovery is slow, involves at least 6 months to a year, says Dr. Ashok Tandon.
- What is the recommended age for breast reduction? This procedure is performed once completed the development of the breasts so that these will not be altered. In addition, always making sure that the patient is in perfect health to avoid any complications or risk.
- Can smoking alter the results of my breast reduction? Definitely yes. Not only for this particular surgery, if not for any surgical procedure, and that the tissue oxygenation decreases preventing proper healing explain specialists MP Medical Plastics.
- Does the shape of the nipple is altered in breast reduction surgery? Should not. Everything will depend on what is decided in conjunction with the attending surgeon according to each particular case, experts emphasize Castillo Aesthetic Center.
- When can I shave my armpits after surgery? Dr. Ashok Tandon, explains that he must leave at least one-week post-surgery to shave the underarm area.