Liposuction is plastic surgery in Delhi indicated to remove excess fat located in a certain area of the body such as the belly, thighs, flanks, back or arms, for example, helping to improve the body contour.
For this, during liposuction the plastic surgeon in Delhi:
- Delimits on the skin where to remove fat;
- It makes small holes in the skin where the anesthesia is inserted and a tube to suck in the fat;
- Suck the fat with a suction tube.
This surgery can be done when it is not possible to eliminate localized fat through diet or physical exercise, and it can be done in men and women, using local, epidural or general anesthesia, and the duration of the surgery depends on the area and the amount of fat vacuuming, ranging from a few minutes to 2 hours. Understand more about what situations liposuction can be done.
This cosmetic surgery in Delhi practically leaves no scars, because small holes are made in places where it is difficult to be seen, such as in the folds or inside the navel and, therefore, it is an excellent solution for those who want to lose localized fat fast.
In addition to removing fat, during liposuction, the plastic surgeon in Delhi can also perform liposculpture, which consists of using the removed fat and placing it elsewhere in the body, in order to improve the body contour.
Thus, in the same surgery, it is possible to remove localized fat from the belly and then place it on the butt to increase the volume, without the need to use silicone implants.
The price of liposuction in Delhi varies according to the area to be treated, the clinic where it is performed, the region of the country and the type of anesthesia used. Generally, the patient does not need hospitalization, however, if necessary, it may still be necessary to pay the days of hospitalization.
How to prepare for surgery
Before liposuction in Delhi, it is recommended to have blood tests to see if you can do the surgery without taking risks. In the previous days, you should:
- Fasting for 8 hours before surgery;
- Take the usual medication, if the doctor does not contraindicate until the day of the surgery;
- Make a liquid and light diet in the previous two days;
In addition, it is important to be properly healthy on the day of surgery, and you should report any event to the doctor, even if it is a simple flu or cold, as it may hinder recovery.
After surgery, the patient has a more outlined body, in addition to losing some weight, due to the removal of localized fat, resulting in a more beautiful and slim body.
However, after approximately 1 month of liposuction, the results can be better observed, as the person is no longer swollen, and the definitive results only begin to appear after 6 months.
Care in the recovery of liposuction
Right after the surgery, it is normal for the area to become sore and swollen, and for that, you should take the medications indicated by the cosmetic surgeon in Delhi in order to reduce the pain and discomfort. In addition, it is also recommended:
- Walk slowly for 10 minutes 2 times a day, up to 7 days after surgery;
- Stay with the brace or restraint socks all day and all night for 3 days, without ever taking it off, being able to take it off only to sleep at the end of 15 days;
- Bathing after 3 days, removing the bandages and drying the scars well and placing povidone-iodine and a band-aid under the stitches;
- Take stitches at the doctor after 8 days.
In addition, it is important to take the pain medication and antibiotics indicated by the plastic surgeon in Delhi and avoid sleeping on the site that was aspirated.